Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rand made it to Camp KV

Rand made is safe and sound to Camp KV yesterday. I was only able to talk to him for a few minutes because his calling card went dead and when he called back on the satellite phone, we had a poor connection. He said the Camp is like a luxury hotel compared to the last time was here. It has a full chow hall and gym, so life will be good. They are getting ready to leave on a two-week mission very soon. I'm grateful LAVs have satellite phones! Rand said he would try to call to keep me updated. I think of the mothers in previous wars that had to wait so long to hear from their sons and it makes me even more grateful for the technology that we have now. It has given me a new appreciation for these wonderful women!

No comments: