Rand called this afternoon - he sounded great. Everyone is getting ready for the big, long "trip" to the desert. I was excited (as usual) to hear from him because I didn't think I would until after they were gone. He said he hopes some packages will be coming (they'll get them even when they are in the desert) because other wise all he'll be eating are MREs. He will be able to call from the satellite phone, he said, about once a week. Thank goodness for technology or it would be a long, anxious month for me!
Rand told me he did something he said he would never do after he left boot camp - he got the Marine Flat top! He said with his full mustache and the hair cut, all the guys say he looks like a Gunnery Sergeant- I told him to tell them to treat him like he was! He just laughed (what a great sound - to hear Rand laugh). He has pictures, so I can't wait to share them with you!
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers,
Deb
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When is he going to send pictures???
If you are going to send him a package, please let me know, so I can help with it. I am sure Sara and Glenn will want to help out also. I love you guys and thanks for the updates!
Post a Comment